After tonight's game between the Carolina Hurricanes and the Nashville Predators, it will be six more sleeps until the season starts for real when the Preds open in Columbus.
Fans are excited with the Preds winning five straight games and carrying a 6-1 record into tonight's game. Normally, you would say that he preseason doesn't count and not to read too much into the record.
This year seems different. The Preds have the best team that they have put on the ice in franchise history and can probably go over 30 deep in players that can (and will at some point this year) play in the NHL. If the team avoids injuries, and improve the power play, they have a chance to go far in the playoffs.
For the rosters to tonight's game and information about today's Preds Fest, go here. To get previews from Carolina, check out Canes Country and Let's Go Canes.
For all the news from last night's game, the Predators and all of the NHL, make the jump...
Here is our story from last night.
Our friends at Illegal Curve spoke with Winnipegers Barry Trotz and Colin Wilson after the game. Here is their game story and today's roundup of all the links to the Jet's stories from last night.
Arctic Ice also has a look at last night's game.
Here's a link to the Zach Stortini-Tanner Glass bout from last night. Stortini is one of the more agressive fighters that we have seen in Nashville, throwing tons of punches each time he fights.
Here are the game highlights from NHL.com.
In Pred Nation...
Tyler Sloan was placed on waivers yesterday and according to @TSNBobMcKenzie: Everybody who was on waivers yesterday cleared. The Preds have 30 days to send him to Milwaukee without fear of losing him.
Predators Snapshot returns on October 3 on FS TN.
It appears that Alexander Radulov is seeking a trade withing the KHL. Dmitry Chesnokov breaks the story in the States. Dirk Hoag has a roundup of the news on Rads. Here is a later update.
Josh Cooper has news of Cliff Ronning attending his first Preds game as a fan.
The latest edition of the 303:30 features Cliff Ronning.
Bryan Mullen talked to Barry Trotz about his first NHL game in his hometown of Winnipeg.
Ken Weibe has a feature on Colin Wilson.
Pierre Lebrun has ESPN's preseason look at the Preds.
Paul McCann has his news wrap-up at Hockey Buzz. He also has his game day look this morning.
Dirk Hoag has his season preview of Matt Halischuk.
Marc Torrence pares down the forward situation as well as the defensive battles on the Preds roster.
Here's a hometown feature story about Zack Stortini.
The Winnipeg Free Press has a Jordin Tootoo feature story.
For all of our reader who read Russian, here is a Sergei Kostitsyn feature.
Here's what the Milwaukee Admirals looked like in last night's preseason contest against Rockford. The Ads won 5-3 as the Kirk Muller era began.
Hockey Gal Stephanie Muraro is excited about the season's start.
Ice Chips has the news that ex-Pred Matthew Lombardi will play tonight for the Leafs.
After a bit of a delay we finally got the Shanny TV episode featuring Brendan Smith's hit to the head of Ben Smith where he was suspended for the remainder of the preseason and five regular-season games, without pay.
Ryan Kennedy has a piece about the players agreeing with Shanny's crackdown. Even Brad Boyes who received some games agrees.
Around the NHL...
One of our daily reads "Houses of the Hockey" has concluded and will be replaced by a new site with thoughts from Justin Bourne. We wish the best to Scott Lewis and the other guys who have done a great job.
Ryan Porth wraps up his 30 teams in 30 days series.
Chris Johnston has his top ten players to watch this season.
Here's another rehash that the Wings want to move to the Eastern Conference.
Adrian Dater ponders if the preseason really matters for the 1-4 Avalanche.
USA Today has their pre-season power ratings.
ATT U-Verse customers may lose the NHL Network.
World Girls' Hockey Day is Sunday. Here is Tina Radcliff talking about it on NHL Home Ice.
Odds and Ends...
The Nashville RollerGirls won their opening round bout against Tampa 122-103 at the regional tournament in Kansas City. They will play again at 2 p.m today to try to secure a berth in the simi-finals.
Amazon will be losing money on every unit of the Kindle Fire that is sold but plans to make it up on the back end.
In Korea there is a new form of paparazzi where folks armed with cameras are taking pictures of folks committing minor crimes and are getting paid for it.
NASA has identified 90% of the asteroids that could wipe out the earth. What about the other 10%?
Steven King plans a sequel to "The Shining." I will reserve judgement as to whether this is a money grab or a sincere effort.
Is Facebook killing the traditional high school reunion?
Research shows that cube-dwellers on Twitter are positive early in the day and less so in the afternoon.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass