- The moment the whole hockey world has waited for since January has arrived as Sidney Crosby as will finally return on Monday night against the New York Islanders in the friendly confines of CONSOL Arena. It will obviously be our game of the
nightyear (so far) on Monday and will be on Versus Network (sorry Habs and Bruins fans), as it should be. Dan Bylsma speaks as if he has never been gone. No one is happier than our friend Brian Metzer. To be honest, there really aren't any other stories but here are six more...
- Paul "BizNasty" Bissonette's mom was on hand for the first time she had seen him play in the NHL and he scored a rare goal.
- Are the Vancouver Canucks the most arrogant and hated team in the NHL. According to Mark Recchi, they are.
- Also from Vancouver, the Kurtenbloggers say good-bye as they moved on to terrorize the States via NBC's PHT.
- Ken Campbell followed the Washington Capitals on their recent three game road trip to try to find out what was wrong with Alex Ovechkin.
- RLD Hockey has the top five NHL Sparkplugs.
- Here's a personal story from our friend Chris Wassel remembering his father who passed away seven years ago today. Everyone needs to read stories like this every day to appreciate the lives that we have.
I was fortunate enough to have the last question (at 3:20 of this video) at the Winter Classic at the morning skate before I had to leave Pittsburgh before the weather delayed game actually started. Here was Sidney's last pre-injury coherent morning skate interview.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass