- In spite of a heavy schedule for a Monday due to the holiday week, the game of the night is undoubtedly the Pens and the Islanders (6 p.m. CST, Versus) where the whole hockey world will tune in for Sidney Crosby's return. Brian Metzer reports on NHL Home Ice that 250 press credentials have been requested and they expect a bigger media throng than at last years Winter Classic or the Stanley Cup Finals.
- The world as we know it has pretty much ended with the Minnesota Wild in first place in the Western Conference. Before anyone plans a parade, you need to realize that there are ten other teams withing six points.
- Puck Daddy chronicles the rift between Alex Ovechkin and his coach, Bruce Boudreau. Elliotte Friedman also comments on the situation.
- The Flyers unveiled their Winter Classic Jerseys this morning. Russ Cohen has pictures, video, and details.
- The NHL three stars of the week include Carey Price, Marc-Edouard Vlasic from San Jose, and Flyers rookie Matt Read.
- Adrian Dater takes a look at the Colorado Avalanche and its coach, Joe Sacco, looking for its identity. They certainly didn't seem to have one last night when Patrick Marleau racked up a hat trick against them.
- Steve Lepore continues his "Random Cities" series with Billie Jaffe.
Jared Loughner is in a special federal prison and is being watched every second of every day as authorities try to restore him to the point where he can be tried for the mass shooting in Arizona last year. As bizarre as his act was, what they are doing with him now may be more off.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass