- Puck Daddy has a good analysis of why the Blues pulled the trigger on firing Davis Payne and hiring Ken Hitchcock before the Blue Jackets asked him to take over their miserable squad of losers.
- Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets are rumored to be interested in hiring Kings Assistant GM Ron Hextall, but GM Dean Lombardi denies any inquiries. The Jackets should be more focus on finding an NHL goalie to replace Steve Mason.
- The best game on the schedule tonight is the Kings playing at San Jose in a late game starting at 9:30 p.m. CST. It is interesting that this game is wedged in between the Preds playing at San Jose on Saturday and at Los Angeles tomorrow.
- No one would have predicted that Dallas would be the NHL's first 10 win team and lead the Western Conference as we head into the second week of November.
- Ethan Moreau only received a $2500 fine for his hit on Chris Kunitz from the rear on Saturday night. Is Shanny TV going easier lately?
- The Toronto Star proposes that Don Cherry is only a shell of his former self. With the Preds and Habs on Hockey Night in Canada this week, will he bring his sideshow to Music City or stay in the studio in Toronto?
- Fifty year old Mark Messier finished the New York City Marathon on Sunday with a respectable time of 4:14:21. He left it all on the course as he had to seek medical attention when he was done.
Odds and Ends... It is finally official. Kelly Slater won his heat against Miguel Pupo and Gabriel Medina to advance to the quarterfinals of the San Francisco Rip Curl Pro Search and claim his eleventh world surfing title for the second time after he was giving the award last week after a scoring error.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass