- Stu Hackel looks at the NHL's Thanksgiving weekend fare including promos for Friday's Wings-Bruins game and the HBO 24/7 preview on Friday. The NHL Float in the Macy's Parade promoting the "Thanksgiving Showdown" looked good and was well received by the crowd and TV audiences. Here is a video.
- Ken Campbell has a story at the Hockey News about the proposed new arena in Southern Ontario and the litigation that would ensue if the NHL placed a team that close to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Scott Cullen has some trophy picks for the first quarter of the season and a couple of Preds are projected for a trip to Vegas. At NHL.com, Cory Masisak likes Shea Weber and Pekka Rinne for the Norris and Vezina.
- The Minnesota Wild had plenty of coverage of 51 year old goalie Paul Deutsch's surprise appearance on the Wild's bench on Wednesday night. Michael Russo has a story too.
- Ryan Porth takes a look at the playoff outlook at the quarter mark at RLD.
- Dan Rosen has the top nine storylines from the first quarter of the season.
- Shanny TV was busy on Thanksgiving as the ruled that Zach Bogosian will not receive any supplemental discipline for a hit on Cody Eakin on Wednesday night. There has been no ruling on Andre Deveaux's hit to the head of Florida's Tomas Fleischmann. Deveaux received a match penalty for the play.
After a very unscientific poll via a random Tweet, "@PredsOnTheGlass: There really does need to be hockey on TV tonight. Why does the league have to be dark on American Thanksgiving?" It appears that hockey fans in the States that do not care about football would probably watch a match-up between the two most unappealing teams in the league as opposed to Baltimore-San Francisco or Texas-Texas A&M.
Bonus: Here's the link to Hot Chelle Rae's appearance on Jay Leno this week. Make the jump to the last segment at 38:20 to go straight to the guy's performance.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass