- Will Chris Stewart be the next star of Shanny TV for his boarding call on Niklas Kronwall? Stay tuned and find out. PHT reports that it will be an 11 a.m. EST phone date for Stewart. Here's the video if you want to do your own commentary.
- Adam Proteau is critical of GM meetings for being too much talk and not enough action. Pierre LeBrun has his wrap of the meetings with more detail including a nugget that the Blue Jackets are finally looking for a new goalie.
- Despite rumors to the contrary, Brian Burke says that the Toronto Maple Leafs have no interest in signing free agent goalie, Marty Turco despite James Reimer looking like he may be out for a while. The Leafs have lost four out of five after Tuesday's 3-2 shootout loss to Phoenix.
- After a fast start, the Avalanche seem to be coming down to earth after a 6-3 loss in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night. Another team returning to earth may be the Dallas Stars who were blistered by the Panthers 6-0 at home to extend their losing streak to three.
- There is trouble in Vancouver with Roberto Luongo out with an "upper body" injury.
- The NHL is really pushing their "Black Friday" national telecast of the Bruins- Red Wings match and is putting together a float for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that is really elaborate.
- You will have to stay up late for our twin games of the night that features two bloody rivalries with Chicago visiting Vancouver (9 p.m. CST local channels, NHL Center Ice) and Anaheim crossing the Southland to play the Kings (9:30 p.m. CST local channels, NHL Center Ice).
There is a small town on the Arizona - Mexico border named Sasabe that only has a population of 11 but still flourishes. If you like solitude, this could be the place for you.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass