- Pekka Rinne became the NHL's highest paid goalie when the Nashville Predators signed him to a seven-year $49 million deal.
- Shanny TV presents "Four game suspension for Patrick Kaleta" for head-butting Jakub Voracek of the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday night.
- The Kings and Ducks are trying to take advantage of the NBA sitting on the sidelines with increased marketing emphasis. Gary Bettman told Helene Elliott, "Work stoppages aren't good for any of us."
- Is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins the best 18-year old in the NHL? Backhand Shelf makes the case that Adam Larsson may be better.
- The NHL wrapped up its international TV programming with eight additional agreements that cover Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Adam Proteau says that it is time for the Flames to trade Jerome Iginla and Miikka Kiprusoff.
- Away from hockey... Kelly Slater captured his unprecedented in sports eleventh world surfing title when he defeated Dan Ross in a heat on Wednesday at Ocean Beach on the west side of San Francisco.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass