- Hopefully, the Predators aren't running into another team tonight where the opponent is ready to have a breakout game. If anyone could rouse the mediocre Ducks, it would be Nashville. Here is a preview.
- Josh Cooper's day included a post about David Legwand being out, Sergei Kostitsyn being in, and a big maybe for Kevin Klein. He also has the story of Jordin Tootoo's head games with the Ducks and Mike Fisher having no hard feelings against Francois Beauchemin for the hit he received in Nashville last month.
- Jeff Angus has a complete expose on the Canuck's desire for Shea Weber and consults all around both camps for insights.
- Smashville 24/7 has the top ten moments in the Preds's first 1000 games. It's a pretty good list. I would add that anytime a catfish hits the ice it gets an honorable mention.
- Amanda DiPaolo takes a look at what the 2003 NHL Entry Draft class means to the Ducks and the Preds.
- Matt Reitz is taking a poll to see if their could be a worse clubhouse victory song than the Predators using Lionel Richie singing "All Night Long."
- Who knew that Preds' Coach Barry Trotz and Kings coach Terry Murray would be coaching their 1000th NHL game on the same day. Trotz will celebrate the 1000th Preds' game on Saturday while Murray has had stops in Washington, Philadelphia, Florida, and LA. What makes it more amazing is that Murray had four partial seasons in the mix.
Odds and Ends... CNN reports some great excuses that workers used to call in sick.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass