- The hottest topic locally in the blog world revolves around the potential availability of the Ducks' Bobby Ryan via trade. Robby Stanley asks if the Predators should be interested in Bobby Ryan. Seth Lake has extensive discussion on the topic at On The Forecheck as does Jeremy Gover at Section 303. Ryan Porth has a round-table discussion and The Odd Man Rush comes off a three month hiatus to throw in his two cents.
- The Calgary Flames take a shot at what the lines will look like in tonight's contest with the Predators. They should show it to Barry Trotz who would probably laugh and reshuffle the deck on them.
- Puck Daddy takes the refs to task for the five minute major call on Ryan Jones for his hit to Blake Geoffrion. The angles shown in the video make it look like much more of a legal hit than I thought last night. Geoffrion himself calls it a "hockey play" today. Harrison Mooney also has a hockey hug with a pair of Preds that is rather funny.
- Hockey's Future has positive words on Craig Smith and negative ones on Jon Blum in this month's On The Rush post. They also have a video profile of Pred prospect Ryan Ellis from the NHLPA showcase event.
- A site that we like to follow, Stadium Journey, makes a pit stop at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati that is home to the Predators' ECHL team.
- Jeremy Sargent compares Pekka Rinne to Miikka Kiprusoff.
- Stephanie Muraro says good-bye to Kirk Muller at the Admirals' Examiner.
In the Swedish town of Gavle, a giant 13 meter tall "Christmas Goat" has been erected every year since 1966 and a battle ensues between goat supporters and arsonists who want to burn down the giant straw creature.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass