- Blockbuster news this morning that Rogers Media and Bell Canada teamed up to split 75% ownership in the Maple Leafs's conglomerate that includes the Maple Leafs (hockey), the Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), the Toronto Marlies (AHL) and the Air Canada Centre. The team has been rumored to be for sale for years but it finally happened.
- Shanny TV was busy this week as he followed up the Jordin Tootoo suspension with three more including ones to Andy Sutton (indefinite), Kevin Porter (4 games), and Ville Leino (1 game).
- One of Lyle Richardson's top six targets of trade discussions was on the move today when Tomas Kaberle went to Montreal in exchange for Jaroslav Spacek. After the trade, Canes GM Jim Rutherford said, "I should have known better."
- You need a scorecard to keep up with all of Chris Pronger's injuries which now includes "concussion like symptoms." He is valuable when he plays but that is a rarity these days.
- The NHL has now had 1000 shoot-outs since it was implemented in 2005. John Kreiser takes a look at all the facts and figures behind what has transpired to date.
- Backhand Shelf takes a look at the "best" deals of the offseason.
- In last night's game between the Rangers and Lightning, Artem Anismov got a little carried away after scoring a goal and brought a ton of wrath from the Tampa players that will probably result in a suspension for Steve Downey.
A recent study showed that rats are compassionate creatures, a trait that was thought to be only in humans. Female rats are more compassionate than males which is not surprising.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass