- Don't expect to see Sidney Crosby back anytime soon. USA Today now has a concussion tracker.
- Adam Proteau has a variety of year end top fives.
- Chris Johnston looks ahead to the future of the Winter Classic with John Collins.
- Sean Fitz-Gerald has a nice piece about Donald Fehr at The National Post.
- Nick Cotsonika says the Boston Bruins are better this year than last year.
- Glendale, Arizona City Manager, Ed Beasley, who was a major player in building up the sports complexes on the west side of Phoenix is planning to retire. The Arizona Republic has a nice feature on his accomplishments.
- It has been six years since Jiri Fischer collapsed behind the bench in a game against the Nashville Predators. He is now an assistant coach for the Czech Republic in addition to his duties in player development for the Red Wings.
A new study indicates that teens are more likely to drive and drink on New Year's Eve than any other time.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass